Congressman John Shimkus

Representing the 15th District of Illinois


Agency Help

If the information provided on my website does not fully address your problem or you have remaining questions, my staff will be happy to assist you by contacting federal agencies on your behalf.  To expedite this process, I encourage you to fill out and print a Privacy Act Release Form.  This form allows my staff to request specific information from federal agencies for you.

Residents of the 15th Congressional District of Illinois can contact me for assistance in dealing with Federal agencies. In order to better serve you, please use the PDF Privacy Release Act Form below.


Please include all pertinent information and claim numbers in your correspondence—such as:

  • Your Social Security number for a case involving Social Security;
  • VA claim number for a case with Department of Veterans Affairs;
  • Taxpayer identification number (Social Security number, if individual) for an Internal Revenue Service problem, etc.;
  • Your address, home phone number and daytime phone number (if different than home) so that we can obtain any additional information from you that might be necessary;
  • Copies of any related documents or correspondence that you may have from the agency involved;

Because of the high volume of casework received, my office can only process requests from the 15th Congressional District - click here to find your Congressman if you're not sure.

Please Note:

The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual's case.
We must have your signature to proceed with this type of request.